Wednesday 14 August 2013

Harrogate


This Saturday I spent a lovely day in Harrogate whilst visiting my lovely family in Leeds. My mum and I paid a very relaxing visit to the Harrogate Turkish Baths which were absolutely beautiful inside and were absolute treat to experience. There was a routine to doing them properly, first we went in the steam room, then it was a quick dip in the plunge pool, then we made our way through three heated rooms which steadily increased in temperature up to 70 degrees, we just repeated this circuit until our time was up. It was absolutely lovely.

Next stop, which is an absolute must for anyone visiting Harrogate, was lunch in Bettys. I can't really do  Bettys justice in words, they are simply the best tea rooms ever.


Afterwards we happened upon a vintage shop called Space Vintage & Retro. They had an excellent selection of clothes, homewares and best of all a great selection of vinyls. There was some beautiful vintage dresses particularly from the 50's and some great pieces of homewares, such as lamps and cushions and I fell in love with a magazine rack but had to leave it behind as I was getting the train back (boohoo!).  If you're in the neighbourhood they are well worth the visit.




I scored a silver lurex crop top, Iggy Pop, Neneh Cherry, Rod Stewart and Kate Bush vinyls. A good haul all round. The north does know how to do a good vintage shop.



Lucy
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment