Monday 22 April 2013

Paris

Well that was a Saturday well spent! I surprised my lovely boy with a day trip to Paris to say a massive thanks for all the hard work that he has poured into our lovely flat. It's safe to say fun was had by all, if you live close to St Pancras station I would really recommend going for the day!


First up was a trip to the flea market, or to give it the official title, Les Puces de Saint-Ouen Market. Really helpful directions and information can be found at Oh Happy Day. It's massive and we only had a stroll round one area of it. There was some beautiful items but they were a little on the pricey side (but we could have just been in the expensive area). Next stop was a walk down the South Bank of the Seine and a stroll through the Jardin des Tuileries where we grabbed some lunch and then we headed to the Grand Palais via Pierre Herme for the best macarons ever!



Whilst at the Grand Palais we went to Dynamo which is an exhibition of a century of light and motion in art. It was super interesting and quite interactive (if a little long), The pink light installation gave my hair a lovely pink glow and I must say I quite enjoyed it!


After the Grand Palais we headed to Le Marais and had a wonder around Les Marches Des Enfants Rouge which is a covered food market (a bit like a smaller Borough Market), there was the prettiest flower stall, they had the best selection of tulips I had ever seen. Obviously I couldn't head to Paris and not go to at least one vintage shop, I chose La Petite Fripe and boy was I glad I did they had 50% off, which was a dream! I was very well behaved and only got a skirt and a dress all for a bargain 20 Euros. After all this hard work strolling around Paris we headed to Chez Justine for dinner. On the Eurostar home we ate macarons, marvelled at the sunset and talked about what a lovely day we had.

Lucy

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment