Thursday 11 April 2013

Year of 26 - Update

I mentioned here that I had set 6 goals for my year of being 26. One of the things on the list was to make a dress or item of clothing, before I attempt a vintage pattern, which no doubt will be really complicated (to me) I have decided to practice on a few 'test' garments. The first being, this simple enough looking top.



It says that it's a 1 hour easy pattern but no doubt I will end up with pins in my fingers and only one armhole!

I bought the pattern from Habithat, which has a really big selection of patterns and I will probably re-visit to buy some more patterns to build my skills up! I really want to make this 1930s Summer Suit once I've got a bit more confidence!


I'll post a few pics of the process and hopefully some sort top at the end!


Wish me luck!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment