Thursday 24 January 2013

Panettone bread and butter pudding

I have to admit to not having been as on it with the monthly challenge as Lucy has been. This has been partly due to a strictly enforced food budget thanks to the horribly late pay day this month, still a whole week to go! So when Ed came home from work with this panettone I knew I could do something with it which would be slightly more inspiring than my usual pasta bakes.

Before Christmas Lucy and I found these adorable aprons at a vintage fair but this was the first time my apron got an outing! Here I am trying to channel Nigella...not sure I'm a natural.

 

the basics you need for this recipe, I loosely based mine on this recipe but adapted the quantities for just the two of us. It was so simple to make but really tasty.

Just mix up all the wet ingredients so you have a sort of custard, then pour over sliced and buttered panettone and bake until set and golden. Buttering the panettone adds a delicious savoury edge to the dish which I really enjoyed.

Voila! Baked fruity spiced custardy goodness all in less than10 mins prep time. My kind of dessert! Serve with ice cream or pouring cream for added goodness.

Nicci

Xxx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment