Saturday 19 January 2013

Monthly Challenge - New Recipes

I've been trying to stick to the New Recipe challenge and it's going fairly well! As part of the challenge I made Peppery Chicken which worked out really well and I was pretty happy with the results. It was really tasty, moist and quite tangy.

Peppery Chicken from Shutterbean

I made the recipe with thighs and drumsticks instead of wings and I only marinated for half an hour as I was pressed for time. 

Serves 4-6
  • 12 pieces of chicken (wings/drumsticks)
  • salt & fresh ground pepper
  • 2 teaspoons ground allspice
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
  • 4 medium cloves garlic, smashed to a paste with a little salt
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil

Lay the chicken wings out on a baking sheet and season well with salt and pepper, then transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the allspice, cloves, cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic and oil; toss to coat evenly. Let sit for 1 hour at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate for up to overnight.
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Have a large roasting pan or baking sheet at hand.
Spread the wings evenly in the pan or on the baking sheet in a single layer. Roast, uncovered, until they are nicely browned and crisp, about 1 hour.
Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.

I had the chicken with buttery mash potato and green beans.


I cooked this recipe for friends and the wine was flowing so I forgot to snap pictures of the full dinner, damn wine! So this picture is from the day after of the leftovers, hence the slightly odd pic!

Lucy
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment